Sunday, July 27, 2008

Playing Catch Up




Wow, I didn't think it'd take so long to write again, but I guess daily life has just been busy. I'll do a quick run over our past month to play catch up.

Let's see, Carly's bili levels slowly crept down to 10.8 at 2 1/2 weeks, but 3 days later they hopped back up to 11.3. She was having no trouble gaining weight, though, weighing in at 7 lb. 13 ounces the day of that higher bili reading, 3 weeks old. The pediatrician said we didn't need to check the levels again until her 1 month check b/c they figured the jaundice was from breastfeeding. Those trips to Bakersfield were adding up, so that was especially good news.

A few days before that we decided to get one last Disneyland trip in before our passes expired. We met up with my dad, his wife, and my cutie brother Hudson. I realized afterward I didn't go on any of the mere 4 rides experienced that day, but it still was so much fun. I don't see myself ever tiring of that place, though I admit that it is definitely tiring to go with a toddler and newborn. The highlights: Carly took her first picture with Minnie and Joshua kept cutting in line to give Mickey hugs- priceless!



We enjoyed a relaxing 4th of July at my sis-in-law's. Stef and Scott have
transformed their backyard into this beautiful and tranquil place you really would have to step into to fully appreciate. Maybe sometime I'll get some photos for you. Here is Carly relaxing with her Nana (Matt's mom) and wearing an adorable top that Marie got her.


Last Sunday my dad came up to visit and wanted to go swimming. I didn't get any pics of it, but my baby brother is such a fantastic swimmer. He will be 3 in one month and really truly swims. Joshua isn't exposed to a pool on a daily basis like Hudson, but he still just loves water. He was jumping in to Matt and also enjoyed being dragged around on a raft. Carly had her first pool experience, which she wasn't too sure about, but it only lasted a few minutes b/c of a man who decided to smoke right next to us in the pool. But she sure looked adorable in her little swimsuit that her Aunt Melissa got her (my sis).

We've been enjoying normal day to day life, I suppose. Too busy for my taste; I'd rather play with my babies all day (welll, maybe actually have some time to sew, too).

Today we had Joshua's b-day party and tomorrow (the 27th) is his real 2nd birthday. Give me a couple days and I will definitely have some photos and details to share. I just can't believe that my baby is 2 years old! K, I have to catch some shut eye. It's really late right now and I don't have many hours before I need to get ready for church. So tired!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I love all the pictures of your sweet family, especially the ones of Joshua and Carly. They look so sweet together-and Happy Birthday to Joshua!

Carly looks adorable in her little top-thanks for sharing and for the update. I always love the updates on your family.

Have a great week!
Love,
Marie

Theresa Tyree said...

Awww, Jen! The family is looking great! I'd be eating up those kids everyday if they were mine! I can't believe how dark Carly's hair is! It looks like she'll have blue eyes too!!